Latest News: End of Lockdown in Austria
From 12 December, the nationwide lockdown in Austria is coming to an end step-by-step. The infection rate has eased and allows regionally staggered openings. Travel to Austria for touristic purposes is possible again for vaccinated and recovered people.
Opening dates of all types of accommodation and restaurants/cafés/inns in the Austrian provinces:
- from 12 December: Tirol, Vorarlberg, Burgenland
- from 17 December: Salzburg, Styria, Carinthia, Lower Austria
- from 20 December: Vienna
In Upper Austria, the lockdown will end on 17 December. As soon as we get more information, we will keep you updated about the opening of accommodation and restaurants/cafés/inns.
After the lockdown, the "2-G" rule applies again. Please find all the latest information on Austria's COVID measures .
After Lockdown: That's how the "2-G" rule works in Austria:
After the end of the current lockdown, the "2-G" rule (proof of full vaccination/past infection) will be in effect again in Austria, as well as FFP2 mask requirements in many areas. To keep locals and visitors safe, the following measures will be in place:
- For hotels, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, leisure centres, gyms, cultural institutions (cinemas, theatres etc.), Christmas markets, ski lifts/cable cars and body-related services (such as hairdressers) proof of full vaccination/recovery is mandatory (children under the age of 12 are exempt). Find more information .
- COVID tests (both PCR and antigen) are not valid as "entry tests".
- FFP2 masks are required in all public areas in enclosed spaces. In restaurants/cafés/inns, you have to wear an FFP2 mask when you are not seated at your table. In all types of accommodation, FFP2 masks are mandatory in public enclosed spaces.
- Restaurants/cafés/inns have to close at 11 pm. Bars and clubs remain closed for the time being. Après-ski is not possible.
- 2-dose-vaccinations are valid for 270 days after the second dose. After that a booster jab is required. Attention: The 1-dose vaccine by Johnson & Johnson is only valid until 3 January 2022, afterwards a booster jab is needed for proof of full vaccination.
- Children under 12 years are currently exempt from entry rules; for minors between 12 and 15 years, a solution is being worked on (Exemption: In Vienna, children from the age of 6 require an entry test).
We will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.
Please be advised, that these measures are validnationwide. Additional measures may apply in the.
This Might Also Be Of Interest